Thursday, June 18, 2015

Moving Right Along

The week of June 8 was not as busy as the week before, but productive nonetheless.  The main roof was finished on Wednesday evening with the help of a few great guys. By Friday, both porch roofs were stable and shingled, the scaffold was removed, and the balcony had new flooring.   Jack's former student, Dan, was able to assist Jack for the entire week and was a huge help.  My mom,dad, mother-in-law, and I worked outside cleaning up the mess that was once a garage.  We pulled nails out of salvaged boards and burned the rest.

This week, we were able to start some new projects. It was refreshing to have a quieter week and let down a little bit.  Jack replaced exterior trim while his mom, my mom, and I worked outside and in the attic.  The attic was full of debris from ripping off the old roof, and it took several days to get it completely clean.  Nancy, my mom-in-law, has been my attic companion since we bought the house.  We've cleaned it over and again after different projects. It should be immaculate by the time we're moved in!  The last couple of days we have been putting up insulation and drywall.  It's great to see the walls come up and the rooms come together.  It won't be long and we'll be painting.

 It is a relief to be completely done with all things roof related.  As a clean up girl, I can say it would be just fine if I never saw another shingle, shake, or piece of tar paper ever again in my life.  :)
Front porch roof, rebuilt

Former garage

Drywall delivery!




2 comments:

  1. Oh Lindsay, It is a joy to help you and your family with the renovations...........I just love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got the grand tour today and it was awesome! The house is going to be so beautiful and full of love. Jack is so full of excitement and even though I am sure you both are exhausted, someday soon you will look back on these days as the best memories of your lives. We love you guys. Please continue sharing this journey with us, I love reading the blog!

    ReplyDelete